Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Wolves in the Walls

A couple of Christmas' ago, knowing my love of childrens books, the husband bought me The Wolves in the Walls by Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean. Its really gorgeous, and a great scary story.

Anyway, a friend of the husband let us know that the National Theatre of Scotland and the Improbable Theatre Company had transformed it into a musical!!

Very luckily, its short London run is in Hammersmith, at the Lyric, so we got tickets and went along last night.

It was.. well, it was good and I did definately enjoy it (even if the chairs were terribly uncomfortable!). Some of the cast were much better than others (I really wasn't taken with the actress playing Lucy), and some bits worked better than others. The staging was amazing - the set worked fantastically. The Wolf puppets were really good, and I liked how they were used.. But there was something about it, that I can't put my finger on, that didn't work for me.

We ate at Sagar afterwards, and it was lush *g* Had a thali and it was way more than I could eat, but the muttar paneer was the best I have ever had!!